Strawberries are such delicious, juicy fruits, and it’s so satisfying to grow your own! Nurturing these plants in planters, towers, or pots is easy. Strawberries can be grown in a grow bag, or if you prefer, they can also thrive in the ground.
However, there are many other ways to grow these summer fruits, including hanging planters, raised beds, strawberry pots, or vertical gardens. These make producing strawberries accessible to you whether you have a tiny balcony or large garden.
But, accidentally buying the wrong container for these plants can mean you get a lot fewer strawberries than you were expecting. Even worse, the wrong planter can cause your strawberry plants to die off, leaving you no delicious berries.
Thankfully, many great purpose-built planters on the market will help you look after the strawberries. But, sifting through the mountains of unsuitable planters to find the good ones can be overwhelming, leaving you giving up on your strawberry dreams altogether.
Please remember that regardless of where you plant the strawberries, you need them to be in nutritious soil with access to sunlight aplenty.
So, to help you out, we’ve reviewed the products available to let you know the best strawberry planters for different needs. We’ve even included a handy Buyer’s Guide and FAQ section, which can boost your knowledge to help your planter search in the future.
If you’re already clued up on strawberry planters, you can go straight to the review section below.
10 Best Strawberry Planters, Pots, and Towers
Want a little help finding the best strawberry planter, pot, or tower? We’ve got you covered! We used specially formulated selection criteria to suit a wide variety of people’s needs. These products have been judged based on their durability, construction quality, customer satisfaction levels, value for money, and overall performance.
We take customer reviews seriously, considering our own experience to make highly informed decisions. We hope you find this a helpful guide!
This strawberry planter comes with 5 sturdy terracotta orange plastic containers. This means that it’s super lightweight, so you can quickly move it around if you want to rearrange your outdoor or indoor space.
It has a flow-through design, which helps prevent root rot and overwatering. This feature means you only have to water one of the top pots, and the moisture will travel throughout the rest. We love this element as it makes growing strawberries super accessible for beginners who may not be strategic about watering.
This planter system takes up very little ground space and is beautifully multipurpose. So, if you don’t want to go all out by filling it with strawberry plants, you can quickly grow herbs in it.
Experienced customers have reported that they have very healthy and thriving strawberry plants growing in this container. This ensures that the product functions as it promises, so you won’t be ripped off by purchasing it. No one wants to be scammed!
It comes with a drainage tray, so you can use it indoors if you want. If you’re going to grow plants indoors, we recommend positioning them in a very sunny spot. For example, a conservatory would make an excellent place to grow strawberries, provided there’s enough sunlight.
The strong plastic creates a sturdy foundation for strawberry plants to thrive in. These pots are stackable too, so if you decide to store the planter, you can easily tuck it away. The easy to assemble pieces means that you don’t have to be a DIY expert to put it together.
This brilliant value for money product would be great for people who struggle with accidentally overwatering plants. The drainage system evens out the moisture, aerating the soil and removing any damp. This reduces the fruit rot risk that comes with excess watering.
Personal Experience of the Product
We tested this stackable product and love that it’s lightweight, as we could quickly move it around our balcony. In addition, the flow-through design draws out lingering moisture well, so we didn’t have to worry about the roots getting moldy.
We love that the color is terracotta orange as it is a lovely tone that warmed up our indoor and outdoor space nicely. Despite it being plastic, it is strong and doesn’t feel flimsy. So, it could easily hold loads of soil and strawberry plants without breaking or creaking.
- Flow-through design – Helping you prevent your strawberry plants from getting root rot. This means you simply have to water the top pot, and the moisture will filter down, giving the lower plants enough.
- Terracotta tone – Providing you with a warm-colored planter that will add coziness to any indoor or outdoor space. This tone is a lovely contrast to a deep blue sky, too!
- Value for money – Allowing you to save cash or spend more on your strawberry plants. You get a lot for your money with this product; the drainage system is well thought out.
- Easy to assemble – Letting you quickly and simply put the planter together, stopping you from getting frustrated instead of being excited to plant strawberry shoots.
- Sturdy Plastic – So you can be confident in the knowledge that it won’t break and expose your strawberry plants to ground-level pests.
- May tip over on a windy day – We recommend trying it to a solid support to prevent this from happening if you live in a particularly windy area. A balcony railing will hold it up nicely. However, this product would be fine in a sheltered area.
- L:12" W:12" H: 28"; Soil Volume: 24 Quarts - Freestand anywhere or easily create grow towers off the ground using 3/4" Pipe.
- Indoor/Outdoor - Food Safe - Strong, Flexible, & Lightweight
- Grow Strawberries / Herbs / Flowers / Succulents Using Limited Space
- Flow Through Design - Prevents Over Watering or Root Rot - Just Water 1 Top Pot & Take Care of 20 Plants - Only Mr Stacky
- Includes: (5) Terracotta Orange Color Planters & Bottom Saucer - Fast Shipping & Great Gifts
VIVOSUN 5 Tier Vertical Gardening Stackable Planter for Strawberries, Flowers, Herbs, and Vegetables
If you’re searching for a strawberry container that’s thick, sturdy, and made from a high-quality plastic material, the VIVOSUN 5 Tier Vertical Stackable Planter is for you. It has customizable stacking combinations, allowing you to put 2, 3, or 4 tiers atop one another. So, you can save even more space while adding to your strawberry plant collection and increasing your fruit yield.
Even with repeated use, the material won’t fade in the sun and isn’t easily cracked in summer. And, the vertical design means it will save you loads of floor space that would otherwise be taken up by the plants. So, you can grow thriving plants aplenty in a small spot!
If you want yet more options as to how to position it, this product can be hung from a cylindrical rod or using chains. With this method, you could quickly sweep a patio space below or add more planters underneath for even more strawberries!
The stylish planter looks lovely in any garden; it’s compact and holds strawberry plants well. In addition, there’s a rounded outer edge that means there’s more room for the plants’ roots to flourish. So, you won’t have to stunt your strawberry plants’ growth by buying an inverted edge planter.
The versatile design means you can easily place it in the kitchen to quickly access your strawberries. Or, you can put it on a balcony, patio, in a vegetable garden or yard. These options let you move it about quickly, without feeling lumbered with a large strawberry planter.
The water filtration system works by passing moisture from the top planters to the bottom ones. This allows you to retain and save water within the planter without unnecessarily damp soil.
Personal Experience of the Product
We tested this planter and fell in love with the stylish design. We adore that the uncrackable material increases its lifespan, saving us money long term. In addition, the planter has wide spaces for putting the strawberries in to grow plenty of fruits.
The vertical planter comes in three different colors, which means we could choose the ivory one that suits our garden decor. However, for those who prefer darker tones, we adore that there are also black and pink options.
- Stackable tier design – Allowing you to save floor space and customize the planter’s height. So you can grow strawberries aplenty without them getting in the way!
- Water filtration system – Letting the water evenly pass through all the plants in the container without oversaturating them with moisture. Therefore, this product helps prevent horrible fruit rot from happening.
- Crack preventative materials – Meaning even if this planter is exposed to the full sun regularly, it’s improbable to crack and ruin your strawberry plants.
- Multiple positioning options – Allowing you to hang it from a metal rod, chain, or bring it into the kitchen. So, you can quickly reach the strawberries you want when you’re cooking and/or easily clean underneath the product.
- Stylish – Bringing a chic design to your garden, balcony, or interior. The outwardly curving edges on the planter also allow your strawberry plants to properly spread their roots and thrive.
- Plastic – So, it’s not ideal if you’re super environmentally conscious and would prefer a biodegradable or ceramic version.
The bags are sturdy, which means you can comfortably grow strawberries in them without worrying about them being unsupported. In addition, there are 8 side pockets, allowing the plants to happily poke out and absorb as much sun as they need. This helps with preventing the sun-loving strawberries from being stuck in the shade.
The hanging strap means you can easily suspend it to free up space underneath for easy cleaning, more planters, or chair space. This element makes the product perfect for small gardens, a balcony or a porch. Hanging this grow bag on a porch would let you use up space that’s otherwise neglected and get lovely fruit from it!
The felt-feeling fabric absorbs moisture well, storing it to slowly release when the strawberry plants want it. This means it is much less likely to crack and break than the stiffer fabric versions on the market. You can even grow other fruits in it successfully, such as cherry tomatoes!
It’s easy to insert the strawberry plants into the holes, keeping them snug and not letting them fall out. In addition, the bracket hook will be ideal if you want to hang it from a door to create a decorative feature on an otherwise unused surface.
The style is superior to many traditional hanging baskets because it allows the vining strawberries to cascade evenly around it. The basket is also reusable for more than one season, so you can keep growing delicious fruits in it year after year.
Personal Experience of the Product
We tried growing strawberries in this stylish black bag and found that it helped produce delicious fruit aplenty. The pockets are evenly spaced around the sides, meaning our strawberry plants had ample access to sunlight.
The generous capacity meant we could fit plenty of nutrients and soil in the hanging bag. This allowed the strawberry plants to thrive in the sack. We believe this growing method would also work well if you wanted to plant herbs, flowers, or tomatoes in it, too. So, it’s versatile and great value for money.
- Hanging strap – Letting you suspend it where you want for easy access to the fruits without having to bend down. This makes it ideal for small spaces and gardeners with back problems who don’t want to overstretch themselves.
- 8 pockets – Giving you ample room to plant in strawberry plants. These pockets are evenly spaced, which means your plants’ foliage can gather in enough UV rays to thrive.
- Stylish – The black color is sleek and makes the plants really pop, which lets you easily see which fruit is ready to be picked. You won’t have to rummage around for ages to find your strawberries with this product!
- Value for money – Allowing those on a modest budget to enjoy growing anything from strawberries to herbs without breaking the bank.
- Felt-feel fabric – Providing your plants with a soft embrace that absorbs ample water and releases it slowly. This means that your strawberries will have access to moisture even if you haven’t just watered them.
- The strap can break if overloaded – This can easily be avoided by following the manufacturer’s instructions and filling it with a reasonable amount of soil.
- 【Innovative Design】Reeyox strawberry grows bag design with 8 side pockets, perfect for Strawberries' shallow roots. Plus you can add even more plants to the open top. Reinforced handle allows you to move it easily.
- 【Breathable Material】Made of double-layered thick non-woven fabric, which is lightweight and breathable. It makes the roots extend freely, get more oxygen, percolates the excess water quickly, and creates a stable growing environment for planting and growing.
- 【Durable & Reusable】The planting bags are made of premium material, sturdy enough for reusable use. You can repeat planting other vegetables after finished. Grow bags fold for storage and are reusable year after year.
- 【Scope of application】It can not only grow strawberry but also grow a variety of plant, like vegetables, herbs, flowers. It has a wide range of uses and works very well. Because its structure design is unique and suitable for all kinds of plant.
- 【After-sales guarantee】We are desired to provide best quality product and the best customer service for every customer, if you have any problem with our products, please feel free to contact us, we will reply you in 24 hours. Our pursuit is your 100% satisfaction
This super simple to use towering vertical strawberry planter comes in off-white or terracotta. These gorgeous tones will bring neutral style to any indoor or outdoor space that you put them in. This is a planter that’s made for growing large volumes of strawberries!
It has a stackable design that can hold up to 15 strawberry plants, giving you delicious fruits aplenty. The planter has pods that can home 5-inch plants each, so you can fit in multiple strawberry shoots comfortably next to one another. The 5 stackable pods are evenly spaced so that the strawberry plants get that all-important sunlight.
The manufacturers have carefully considered the materials’ quality, ensuring that the planters are high-quality polypropylene. This means that they’re super sturdy, durable, and lightweight to help you move and look after them for a long time.
Polypropylene also means that it’s resistant to fading in the sun, so you can give your plants photosynthesis opportunities without damaging their planter. In addition, this tower has strong enough material to not crack when it’s filled with soil, water, and strawberries.
As a brilliant bonus, the brand offers a Money Back Guarantee, so you can return and not waste money if the tower fails you. The planter’s weight is evenly distributed, so it’s not top-heavy and unstable when in use, too.
Personal Experience of the Product
We tried growing strawberries in this tower and were super pleased with the results. The vertical planter is easy to assemble for starters, so there’s no need for you to be a builder to put it together.
We asked those without green thumbs to try growing plants in it, and they found that it was simple to care for strawberries. The compact design allowed them to tuck it onto a deck, balcony, or patio. The vertical aspect made it easy for us to pick the strawberries once they’d ripened, too!
- High-quality polypropylene – Meaning it won’t fade in the sun and is resistant to cracking even when it’s complete. So, if you purchase this product you can be sure it will last a long time, saving you money in the future.
- Money-Back Guarantee – If you’re not satisfied with this brilliantly designed planter, the manufacturers will kindly return your money to you.
- 5-inch pods – Allowing you to easily plant and nurture up to 15 strawberry shoots in it at once. Wow, that’s a lot of fruit for one planter!
- Stackable design – Giving you a space-saving way to grow plants, even if you only have a small balcony, deck, or patio available to you.
- 2 color options – So you can easily fit this planter into any existing interior or outdoor color scheme. The colors are neutral too, which means they’ll go with lots of different furniture tones.
- No more than 2 color options – This is not ideal if you want more flashy colors to brighten up your garden, as there’s only off-white and terracotta available. However, it is possible to paint the plastic; just make sure you get garden-friendly paint!
If you’re searching for a charming planter that doesn’t put function over style, the MyGift White Ceramic Plant Pot is ideal. This planter has 5 openings for strawberry plants to happily grow from. In addition, there’s a large circular opening at the top, which can house a collection of plants, yielding fruit aplenty.
The 4 smaller pockets curve neatly and evenly around the side, creating sweet embraces for any strawberry plants living there. In addition, there’s a hole at the bottom, which helps prevent root and fruit rot as it allows excess water to simply drain away.
The saucer below will catch any water that the plants don’t need, providing your strawberry plants with a moist enough environment. This saucer also lets extra water evaporate away from the soil. If it’s filled, you can quickly empty this to remove even more moisture from your plant’s roots.
It’s a compact planter, measuring 6.25 inches wide, 6.25 inches deep, and 5.75 inches high. So, you can easily fit this little pot onto your desktop, kitchen counter, windowsill, or as a fun centerpiece on a conservatory table. This makes it ideal for those who want a few strawberries and aren’t looking for a large fruit yield.
The classic white planter would fit in with any color scheme, bringing a crisp, clean, and light-enhancing quality to any space. In addition, experienced customers report that it’s easy to assemble, so you can simply rest it on the saucer, and you’re ready to get planting.
The stylish shape lends itself to being a present for a keen gardener in your life, who is likely to appreciate its sleek and functional design. The modest size would be suitable for adding life to a bland room without making the plant overbearing. You can even put succulents in it too!
Personal Experience of the Product
We tested this charming and shiny planter, finding it ideal for growing strawberries indoors. The classy design stood out as a winning feature, which is especially great for giving to plant-lovers who enjoy proudly showcasing their strawberries.
The curvy pot has ample pockets for growing tasty fruit; we found the evenly spaced holes helpful in giving our plants enough sunlight. The large opening at the top is enough to plant three strawberry plants comfortably, too.
- Stylish ceramic design – Making any space it’s placed in instantly chicer. So you can proudly display your fruity plants in this container!
- A drainage hole – Letting you keep your strawberry plants healthy, as the hole will remove excess water and prevent root rot.
- Saucer – Giving you a neat container for extra moisture to collect in. This lets you keep your garden or indoor space free from horribly dirty water seeping from your strawberries.
- 5 pockets – Allowing you to plant ample strawberry plants without the container appearing overbearing in an indoor space or small outdoor environment.
- Shiny glaze – Letting you wipe clean the outside or inside if any dirt or muddy water gets onto it. The glossy glaze reflects light in a subtle but warm way, too!
- Compact – The smaller size means it’s not ideal for those that want a large strawberry yield, as it can’t fit loads of plants at once.
- A charming planter pot made of ceramic materials and featuring a classic white finish
- Boasts 5 openings: the large round top opening and 4 smaller openings on the sides
- The hole in the bottom allows water to flow through the soil and into the saucer below so your plants stay healthy
- This unique decorative planter fits perfectly on your windowsill, desktop, tabletop, countertop, or patio and is suitable for any decor
- Approximate Dimensions (in inches): 6.25 W X 5.75 H X 6.25 D **Official MyGift product includes multipurpose cleaning towel**
Looking for a large vertical planter that stands on the floor and will help you produce a lot of fruit? If you are, the Allstar Innovations Topsy Turvy Deluxe is for you! The sturdy design measures 10.62 inches high and 7.28 inches wide so that you can fill it with a great crop.
The planter can be hung above a patio, deck, or balcony, which gives you more floor room and maximizes unused vertical space. In addition, this giant planter can produce up to 30 pounds of juicy, ripe, and delicious tomatoes with no extra care other than typically required.
There’s a swivel top, allowing you to simply turn your plants so that they even get sunlight. This planter is super easy to assemble, so you can have your strawberry plants happily growing in it in very little time.
The durable material has 4 side ports cut in a starburst shape. This means that any plants you put into them will be safely contained and won’t fall out. It also helps the soil stay inside the planter, maintaining the precious nutrient levels the strawberries need to thrive.
The designers have included a bottom port for if you want to grow an extra tomato plant. This angle allows you to quickly harvest the fruit when it’s ripe, helping those with back problems or accessibility issues.
The easy-to-hang mechanism lets you put these grow bags up in your kitchen so that you can pick the fruit and wash them super conveniently. In addition, there’s a sturdy hook that can easily be attached to any deck, beam, or shed, using up that bare space.
Personal Experience of the Product
We loved the foldable aspect, which let us neatly pack it away once we had harvested all our strawberries. The lightweight material makes it super easy to carry to where you want to put it up, too.
The hook was a handy size for hanging from a wooden beam on our porch, letting us make use of the small space available. The ports’ cut-out design retained the plants well so that we weren’t worried about our strawberries dropping out if there was a blustery wind.
- 4 side ports – Allowing you to snugly fit in your strawberry plants and evenly space them out. This means they’ll get enough sunlight and won’t fall out from the starburst slot holes.
- 10.62 inches high and 7.28 inches wide – Letting you comfortably hang these in a kitchen without it taking up all your free space. The size is big enough to produce a healthy strawberry crop without dominating a balcony or decking.
- Swivel top – Meaning you can easily rotate the planter so that your plants grow evenly and equally access the sunlight available.
- 30 pounds of tomato capacity – So you can fill it with plants and enjoy tomatoes or strawberries aplenty. This element makes it fantastic value for money.
- Durable material – Letting you reuse it for years to come, saving you cash in the long run, and bringing in great strawberry crops.
- Large – Not ideal for those with small spaces.
We love this product for those who don’t want a traditional strawberry planter that can be used to house other plants, including flowers. This tiered design has 5 removable planter boxes, so you can simply lift out the pots and rearrange them. This allows you to give your strawberry plants more sunlight as and when needed.
The polypropylene and steel make it super sturdy, so you can comfortably fit plants aplenty into it without cracking and breaking. In addition, this product is easy to assemble, creating a classy decorative planter in minutes.
If you have a small space but don’t want to compromise on style for your strawberries, this planter has clean lines which give a classy vibe. The frame is powder-coated steel in a trendy charcoal color finish, complementing most interior and exterior schemes.
There’s a root tray with drain holes in the planter box, which helps prevent root rot and maintain healthy strawberry plants. We love that the holes are on opposite sides of the planters rather than only one in the middle. This even hole distribution will let your plants drain properly, rather than leaving one section dryer than another.
As a thoughtful bonus, the manufacturers have included optional drain plugs so that you can keep indoor spaces dirt-free after watering the plants.
Personal Experience of the Product
We tested this planter and loved that the tiered design allowed sunlight to touch the strawberry plants equally. The style was a highlight. The charcoal-colored frame and planters blended seamlessly with standard indoor and outdoor furniture.
- Polypropylene material – Letting you plant strawberry shoots in a sturdy environment that won’t crack with the weight of soil, water, and fruit.
- Equally spaced drainage holes – Allowing water to drain evenly away from the strawberry’s roots and surrounding soil. So, rot is unlikely to occur with proper nurturing behavior.
- Charcoal color – Giving you a stylish addition to any indoor or outdoor space and a compliment-worthy planter.
- Root tray – Catching excess water that drips from the drainage hole, keeping your space free from dirt and puddles.
- Optional drain plugs – You can control the amount of water being released from the containers, which is particularly useful if you want strawberries growing indoors.
- Not as easy to turn as some others on the market – So, if you can’t turn it quickly when your strawberry plants require more sunlight.
- Vertical planter size freestanding: 45 (H) x 21 5/8 (W) x 24 (W) inches. Planter box 6 1/4 (H) x 19 1/2 (W) x 8 1/4 (D) inches.
- Removable planter box: Five (5) planter boxes are easily removable (just lift out) from frame to allow various re-arrangements and easy repotting. No more reaching too high or too low to plant your favorite arrangements. Remove the planter box and tend to your plants at your own comfort. Good for seniors to continue gardening.
- Easy assemble in minutes. Stylish plant décor. Perfect for small spaces, patio planter, balcony planter, or herb planter. The charcoal color of the frame and containers allows for your flowers colors to shine.
- Strong and durable: Frame is made of heavy duty powder coated steel frame with a fashionable finish. Garraí uses thicker metal (20 gauge compared to 24 gauge of other planters) for strength. Durable planter boxes are 100% food safe polypropylene.
- Drainage: Each planter box comes with a Root Tray Riser and drain holes to help develop a healthy root structures. The drain holes alternate sides of the planter boxes so water flows throughout the flower box. Optional drain plugs included for use indoors. Flowers and plants Not Included.
Types of Strawberry Planters
To figure out what strawberry planter to purchase, you must consider how much space you have to home your plants. Then, if you want to proudly display your strawberries, a suitable planter will help you do that. On the other hand, if you’re purely looking for a functional container, there are practical planters aplenty on the market.
Strawberry towers are brilliant for those with little room because they showcase the plants vertically, saving floor space. Wall hangers are also a great way to add natural beauty to your property, working particularly well on south-facing walls.
So that you can see the pros and cons of each type, we’ve given you extra information below.
These pots are made from terracotta or other ceramic and can be used for other plants. By placing the strawberry plants in off-the-ground planters, you can quickly move them around. This makes them a popular option for those with balconies or patios with pests.
Most pots are up to 12 inches tall, which means they’re lightweight, so they can simply be stacked when not in use.
Hanging Strawberry Planter
If you’ve got no ground-level space left in your garden or on your balcony, a hanging planter can be a brilliant way to grow strawberries. In addition, these hanging planters can add dimension and interest to an outdoor space. This is because they prevent your greenery’s design from being on one level.
These planters come in two main types: ones that can be attached directly to a wall and hanging containers that swing more freely. The best way to give your strawberry plants maximum nurturing in these planters is by putting them in west or south-facing positions.
If you’re stuck for ideas as to where to put these planters, they can use up useless spaces such as shed walls, outhouse porch beams, or veranda supports.
When you water strawberries in these planters, you have to be sure you add moisture generously. This is because the pockets of soil in these hanging containers quickly dry out if neglected a little. In addition, fruits require lots of water during the harvest season, so make sure you’re topping the strawberry plants up regularly.
A traditional planter is an upright ceramic pot with large holes dotted around the sides, with an open-top. This is ideal for strawberry plants as it allows many plants to be grown through the openings in the pots. And it looks cute, too!
As the strawberry plants grow, they cascade over the ceramic, which increases their sunlight exposure. There are a few advantages to using this planter: nurturing the strawberry plants in each hole brings a high fruit yield for the surface area.
In addition, the raised planter helps prevent snails and slugs from munching on your beloved fruit. And finally, the design allows air to flow well, preventing wet soil from causing the plants to rot.
This is a mobile planter using small floor space and raising the plants away from hungry pests. These can be vertically stacked and added to, so you can make your strawberry tower as tall as you like with the modular parts.
The tower has to be filled with the appropriate soil for strawberry plants to use this planter. Then, it uses a drip irrigation system to water the plants, which helps prevent overloading the soil with moisture. So, it helps avoid the dreaded root rot.
These planters make attractive additions to any garden, yard, decked area, balcony, or patio! The vertical element means they’re great at being neatly tucked away into an unused corner.
We recommend using these if your space is compact, as some strawberry towers can nurture 100 plants at once. Some come to 7 feet tall, producing enough strawberries to make some sweet jam. This strawberry jam would make a brilliant personal gift for so many people!
Vertical Strawberry Planter
This is one of the best options for those that want to save space and grow strawberries. These planters are made to prevent root and fruit rot, which also helps deter pests. The vertical style minimizes pest damage while maximizing the fruit produced on a small floor.
These planters don’t have to be placed outside, either. Instead, they can be stored indoors, giving those who love being in touch with nature a nice room feature. Vertical strawberry planters come between 3 and 7 tiers, allowing you to adjust the height to suit your situation.
The design allows gardeners to rotate or separate the tiers on some models, which is brilliant for making sure each plant gets enough sunlight. In addition, these products let you swivel the plants and vertical framework to easily access fruit at the back.
Frequently Asked Questions
What planters are best for strawberries?
The best planters for strawberries have holes punctured into the sides and are pot-shaped. The holes allow the strawberry vines to cascade down the sides, giving them ample sunlight without competing for UV-rays with other plants.
This design may look like water, plants, or dirt will topple out of them. However, this doesn’t happen if the strawberries are adequately nurtured. If you want to save floor space, vertical planters with holes dotted around the sides are ideal.
These vertical planters allow you to grow big strawberries in a small floor area, maximizing the remaining space. This means they’re excellent for people who have small yards, balconies, or a garden pretty filled with plants already.
How big of a planter do I need for strawberries?
When picking a strawberry plant pot, you have to make sure the pot is wide enough if you want the plant to thrive. The planter needs to be at least 8-12 inches wide, which allows the roots to spread themselves properly and absorb nutrients.
Do strawberries grow well in towers?
If the strawberry plants are well looked after, they grow well in towers. The compact towers allow those with limited space to produce high fruit yields without overcrowding the floor. The strawberry plants are compact by nature, which means that they thrive in tiny pockets in planters.
By spreading the strawberry planters out in the tower’s pockets or side holes, you’re allowing the sun-loving greenery to soak up the rays. However, if you want your strawberry plants to fare even better, we recommend putting them at or near the tower’s top part. This is because there’s less chance for the strawberry plants to be overshadowed by other plants, stunting their growth.